Monday, February 11, 2013

Whole 30 - for real

I'm doing it - all in - for 30 WHOLE days...I keep telling myself that I can do anything for 30 days, but that is a lot of days to not eat ice cream, my favorite food group!

First of all - I want to keep this passage first and foremost regarding all the hype about food and my Whole 30 experiment.  Romans 14 (v.3) "let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgement on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him." (v.6) " the one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God." (v.13 - ) "Therefore let us not pass judgement on one another any longer." (v.17) "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."  (v.20) "Do not for the sake of food, destroy the work of God."

That said, here are the reasons why I'm doing Whole30.

1) I am curious!  I want to see for myself if this is legit or not.
2) I enjoy cooking and my favorite subject is science....they  kind of go hand in hand so this will be a good challenge for me to try some new recipes and learn more about food.
3) After I gave birth to Téa and got really sick, I gained a renewed appreciation for my health.  Right now my kids are 4 (five in March), 3, 2 and 6 1/2 months old.  I need/would like as much energy as possible to stay ahead of my crew!
4) I am SKEPTICAL.  Yes, I know - many are shaking your heads/rolling your eyes, saying tsk, tsk and 'you'll see', but I feel like we eat healthy enough right now that for us, the increase in effort to eat according to Whole 30, may not be worth the pay off.  In some ways I hope I'm wrong!  And that's what we're going to find out.
5) MOODS - I'm a girl, I'm a wife and I'm a mom.... it's safe to say that somewhere in there a moody person can be found at times.  One of the biggest reviews I've heard about Whole30 is that it helped folks stabilize their moods.  It certainly won't hurt my husband, kids and friends to have less 'moods' to endure.

I don't expect everyone to read my daily updates - I'm quite terrified of other people knowing what I do on a daily basis ... I'm very private in many ways (some of you wouldn't know that because I keep even THAT private :)).  But my updates will include my meals/workouts/and honest observations for those that want to know...check back on Wednesday if you want to see how my first day goes!  


No comments:

Post a Comment