Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 6 - adjusted

Finally! I do feel like my body has finally adjusted.... There are certainly noticeable effects: my gut never seems heavy/ full, my clothes are looser, and I don't feel constantly hungry anymore.  I also have a pretty good menu of meals and snacks that I can make without an inordinate amount of effort.

Last night's dinner was Aussie burgers- yum!! It will be a repeat meal.  Cream of broccoli soup will also be in our meal rotation - perfect for the winter.  And I finally have sweet potato fries down! The key: make sure they are spread apart on the cookie sheet... Then you get crispy yummy fries.  It took a lot of sweet potatoes to get this recipe 'just right'.

Another observation: I wash my hands way more often! No longer just licking the little bit of frosting or jelly off my fingers...or even most condiments! I suppose this would be easier if I only cooked for myself.  My most interesting side effect so far: my breast milk seems way creamier/ fattier.  I'll take that!

I just read a passage in Matthew where Jesus talks about how it's not what goes into our body that makes us 'unclean' but rather it's the words that come out of our mouths which reflect the state of our heart.  And it ties in so well with a chapter title called 'reverse economics' from Bob Goff's book, Love Does.   More to follow on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment