Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 15 & 16 - Seasons

I'm combining yesterday's blog with today because we had a late night....but for a good reason.  We had the honor of being part of a super special event as our friends got engaged.  It's pretty cool to see our friend so in LOVE.  Seriously.... I wonder if this is what folks thought of me when I got engaged?  It's cute.

But then we got a flat tire on the way home which delayed us a good bit.... and I kept thinking how years ago being out late would not have phased me in the least.  And golly, doing Whole 30 sure did not in any way make being up past my bed time any easier!  Again - where is that tiger blood???!? I digress..... (but can you tell I could REALLY use that tiger blood?).

And recently I have been dealing with a handful of injuries....separated ab muscles, hernia, back problems, injured achilles tendons, etc... It seems like quite the season of brokenness.  This is all a bit humbling because a few years ago, pre-momminess, I was maxing APFTs, did the most sit ups in my unit at one point and could do more pull ups than some guys in my small group.  I'm not bragging - honestly - trying to convey just how far I feel from where I used to be.  

This is all ties in with what our pastor has been preaching on in Ecclesiastes.  Seasons.  There are seasons for everything and everyone.  Mine seems to be one of physical aches and pains, but hands full with everything one could really ask for - loving family, friends...rich relationships.

This experiment with Whole 30 is a season.... of trying to figure out just exactly how I can be the best steward of my body (diet and exercise) in order to enjoy this season, and the next, and the ones after that, to the fullest.  Here is the realization:  Whole 30 should serve me, not the other way around.  In other words, if Whole 30 is helping me maximize every season of life that God grants me, then great.  But if not -if instead it is distracting me from the very things I should be enjoying, then it is not for me.

As for physical observations thus far:  1) OVER HALFWAY THERE!  2) I do feel lighter/thinner in my thighs (surprise, surprise....all that ice cream melting away!) and my pants are a wee bit looser/aka a little less junk in the trunk  (or is that because I've worn them so many times without washing...because I don't have time...because I'm cooking!) 3) not much else seems different - I still have what I call my 'baby buddha' ... it needs to go.  hello summer!

Speaking of summer...today is the last day of February, which makes tomorrow the first day of March, which in my book is the beginning of SPRING.... and that is a season I'm looking forward to!    

No comments:

Post a Comment