Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 25 & 26 - recalibrate

Our pastor has often talked about how sometimes we need a little bit of 'recalibration' in our relationship with God.  In other words, sometimes, we're walking in step with Him...then along come distractions, bitterness, busyness, indifference, ingratitude.... all things that get us out of sync with Him and then we need to 'recalibrate' to get back in step with Him.

We talked a bit last night about what we'll do after Whole 30.  There are definitely some benefits gained from Whole 30....but it's not a regimen that is sustainable for this season of our lives.  So, do we totally ditch what we've gleaned and go back to all our old habits or is there a medium?

For me, now that I've experienced it, I can use this to recalibrate my diet.  If I know that I've been indulging in a little bit too much of this or that, or feeling like my insides could use a good 'clean' the guidelines of Whole 30 will be a good place to start.  It certainly can't be a bad thing to strip my diet down to the basics of vegetables, meats and fruits.... for a limited time, at least.

And back to the question from Friday.... to eat or not to eat. cake.  Well, I think I've made up my decision.  I will be doing the Whole 28.  :)  I'm happy with the decision.  And being very honest with myself I have absolutely no heartache over the decision.  And now I will finish out the last two days and be ready to share some ice cream and cake with my son, who is soooooo excited to turn 5!  5 years is the mark of us being parents for half the time that we've been married....seems significant to me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment