Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 21 - Glad I don't always know...

what is going to happen.  Often times, I think "if I just knew it was going to happen" or "if I could just have some predictability"... I think it a lot - in regards to what my day is going to be like, what the traffic is like, where/when our next move will be, etc.  When my kids will reach certain milestones, etc. So often I think 'if I just knew'.... if would all be better.

But the thing is, I've come to learn and appreciate the fact that I do not know.  If I knew what was about to happen there's a good chance we might not have a fourth baby (and I CAN'T imagine NOT having her with us).  I think our minds our too finite to be able to know, process and grasp the infinite world of 'knowns'.

And sometimes, just sometimes, the unknowns and all that goes along with it, is good for us.  It makes us trust, produces faith and perseverance and reminds us that we are such limited, finite beings.  The unknowns are often trials we're forced to go through, but in the end we come out even more refined...but had we known of the trial to come, we might not have chosen to endure it.

I'm not exactly sure how this is linked with Whole 30....and sorry if I'm not articulating what I mean very well....but it's what's on my heart and I hope to better explain it later.

In the meantime, I had another egg breakfast (with guac, salsa and homemade mayo...can you tell I LOVE condiments?), chicken salad for lunch and another salad for dinner while we were out.  Nothing out of this world or exceptional....

No comments:

Post a Comment