Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Relentless

Whew.  Some days life just feels relentless.  I know some are dealing with relentless snow, relentless days of flying solo as a parent, relentless health issues, relentless pressure, relentless expectations, just relentless relentlessness (does that make sense???).

The last few days have felt relentless to me.... relentless attending to children - one cries, the other spills a Costco size jar of cashews (I know...who really needs that many cashews??), another stuffs a carrot far, far up her nose, and then one feels 'all better' after puking all over me (and my freshly washed sweater).  Let me say here - I love my children....and I do not take for granted the blessing that they are.  BUT.  This parenting job is hard for me and kicks my butt on a daily basis. It's been a process for me to realize that just because I thought this job was hard, it was not a sole indicator that I was doing a bad job.  I could go on about this for any moms out there who are weary and wondering what in the world they are doing.... that post for another time, though.  Back to relentless:  three leaks spilling through the ceiling (of our h.o.m.e.) while replacing two toilets.... and then we start our evening off with a call to 911 because a sweet elderly lady takes a fall in our home and fractures her hip.

I kept questioning why life had to be so relentless at times?  For a few moments I wondered if it was possible to just run away (a friend once told me that somedays you qualify as a good mom just because you didn't run away :)).  I was in the pit of resenting how relentless everything around me seemed.

Then, at such an unexpected moment, God lifted up my eyes and showed me a different 'relentless'.  How He was relentless in reconciling us to Him.  He didn't ease up on helping us obtain a way to Him. He was relentless in His love for us that He gave His one and only Son to die for us.  He IS relentless in His promise to make us holy.  Be Holy because I am Holy.  It is not just a challenge or command.  It is a promise that He continues to make us Holy and will complete the Good work He began in us.  He will not relent.  When life around us never seems to ease up, His relentless pursuit of us is always greater.

I know everyone has different struggles and challenges that accompany each season of life...sometimes I feel like I will never make it out of this season intact.  But hear what I clearly felt God lay on my heart:  No matter how heavy your heart may feel, no matter the doubts your brains whispers, there is a Great Work in us that He is doing...it is a promise...and He never relents in His love for us.      

No comments:

Post a Comment